To receive a license in a school administrator category, an applicant shall complete an approved program in school administration and demonstrate proficient performance in the knowledge, skills and dispositions under all of the administrator standards.
The seven administrator standards for administrator development and licensure are:
- The administrator has an understanding of and demonstrates competence in the Ten Teacher Standards.
- The administrator leads by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared by the school community.
- The administrator manages by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to pupil learning and staff professional growth.
- The administrator ensures management of the organization, operations, finances, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- The administrator models collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- The administrator acts with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- The administrator understands, responds to, and interacts with the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context that affects schooling.