Initial educators select DPI-trained team members for goal approval and PDP verification. The team must include:
- A peer in the same license category as the educator’s PDP (A teacher peer must be in the same subject area or at the same grade/developmental level)
- An administrator
- An IHE representative
Professional educators select DPI-trained team members for PDP verification. The team will include 3 peers in the same license category as the educator’s PDP.
In order to serve on a PDP team, team members must successfully complete a DPI-approved PDP Team training. IHE representatives must be affiliated with and designated by an IHE.
PDP Team Members
We are working on creating a dynamic lookup for certified PDP Team members. The following files list DPI-trained PDP team members that can serve on PDP teams, but with the transition to ELO, we have not been able to update them since late 2012.
Institution of Higher Education (IHE) Representatives
PDP training completion date is also available in the License Lookup. Please verify the PDP team member training and license information through License Lookup for the most up-to-date information.
Administrators on a PDP Team
School districts are required to “designate” a DPI-trained administrator to be available to serve as the administrator on the PDP team of an initial educator in that district. Initial educators may choose a DPI-trained administrator from outside their district. However, limitations may be imposed by the employing school district or a collective bargaining agreement.
Wis. Admin Code PI 34 does not specify whether or not the supervising administrator can serve as the administrator on the initial educator’s PDP team. However, it is important that the PDP process for license advancement and the district process for evaluating job performance be recognized as two separate processes.
Convening a PDP Team
There are varieties of ways to convene a PDP team:
- Some districts assign PDP team members to their educators’ PDPs.
- Educators may select and contact DPI-trained PDP team members from within their own districts.
- Educators may select and contact DPI-trained PDP team members from anywhere in the state.
- Educators who use an electronic PDP system can select DPI-trained PDP team members from within the electronic PDP system.
Interactions between an educator and the PDP team members can happen in person or through phone calls, emails, or an electronic PDP system.