- Bachelor's degree
- Completed an approved educator preparation program outside WI
- Seeking Initial WI license
Seeking a Wisconsin License as an Out-of-State applicant?
People who fit this pathway profile have completed a state-approved educator preparation program at a regionally accredited institution of higher education headquartered outside Wisconsin. They have also completed the testing requirements of that state and are eligible for licensure in that state. Candidates should apply for the Wisconsin license that most closely matches their out-of-state license. Upon application, a review will be completed to determine comparability with Wisconsin preparation, testing, and statutory requirements.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DETERMINE the Wisconsin license that most closely matches the out-of-state license you hold and follow the steps identified here: Out-of-State Applicants
- COMPLETE the Wisconsin testing requirements.
- UNDERSTAND the Wisconsin statutory and administrative rule requirements. Learn about the most common stipulations at Common Wisconsin Stipulations for Out-of-State Applicants
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.
If you completed an alternative route program outside Wisconsin, use the License Based on Equivalency.