Information for local educational agencies in Wisconsin, including school districts, charter schools, and Cooperative Educational Service Agencies (CESAs).
Licenses that Require Requests from Districts
- Special Education Program Aide – License information for special education program aide.
- Three-Year Substitute Permit – License information for short-term substitute teachers who did not complete an approved educator preparation programs.
- One-Year Administrator License – License information for administrators who are hired before completing a state-approved educator preparation program in Administration.
- Emergency License or Permit – License information for teachers who are assigned to teach outside their licensure areas, or teacher who are hired to teach before completing a state-approved educator preparation program.
- Charter School Instructional Staff License or Permit – License information for teachers who are teaching at charter schools.
- Annual School Audits – Information about the annual audit conducted by the DPI to ensure that all professional staff in public PK-12 schools are appropriately licensed.
- Background Check and Fingerprint Requirements – Information about background conducted by the DPI for all applicants for license/permit.
- Educator Misconduct – Information about educator misconduct investigation including district’s mandatory reporting.
- Online License Lookup – An online lookup tool to search for an educator’s license history and information.
- PI 34 Developmental Levels – Information for school districts regarding developmental level as defined in PI 34.
- PI 34: Wisconsin Quality Educator Initiative – Information related to PI 34.
- DPI License Codes
- Licensure Based on Minors
- Developmental Levels for Licensing Aligned to Grade and Age
- License Codes and Teaching Assignments
Promoting and Supporting the Profession
- Initial Educators – Providing a support system for initial educators.
- Wisconsin Induction Guidelines – Information related to induction guidelines and promising induction programs.
- Wisconsin Educator Standards – Wisconsin licensure standards for teachers, pupil services professionals and administrators.
- Wisconsin Improvement Program (WIP) – Information about the teaching internship program.
- Urban Teacher World – A program intended to create a comprehensive system to recruit, develop, and support a pool of diverse educators with the focus on potential educators currently attending high-need schools.
- Future Educators Association – Networking organization for educator clubs that expose students to careers in education.
- Instructional Technology Literacy for Educators – A resource in developing communication skills requirements.
Professional Development Plan (PDP) Resources
- Professional Development Plan (PDP) Support – Information about PDP promising programs and their contact information.
Federal Grants and Requirements
- Highly Qualified Teachers – Information related to the ESEA provision for highly qualified teachers in Wisconsin.
- Title II, Part A – Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting Fund Grant.
- Title II, Part B – Mathematics and Science Partnerships.
- Title II, Part C – Transition to Teaching – Wisconsin’s SMARTT Project.
- ESEA Highly Qualified Paraprofessionals
- DPI Grants Page - For a complete listing of ESEA and other grants or financial assistance administered by the DPI
- Wisconsin Information Network for Successful Schools (WINSS) – Access to data analysis on student and school performance, best practices, and resources in school improvement including planning tools, professional development and community partnerships.
- WINSS User Tips - Assistance for school administrators and board members.
For questions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org