With the implementation of ELO, Educator Licensing Online, all license data have been moved over to ELO. The information on this License Lookup is only valid up until December 22nd, 2013. We will be disabling this License Lookup application before March, 2014. Please update all your bookmarks to the new ELO Public Search.
You can use the online license lookup to:
- Verify that a license application has been received by the Department of Public Instruction.
- Please allow some time between the mailing of your application and when it is entered into our system before it is reflected in the license lookup.
- Provide proof to an employer that an application for license renewal has been submitted.
- Provide proof of current licensure.
- Review a licensee's Wisconsin education licensure history.
- Verify that a person has completed a PDP Team Training.
"Most Recent Application (with Payment) Received" Date
The "Most Recent Application Received" date entered into our licensing database is the date that our Milwaukee bank processed your application fee payment.
Because all applications are manually entered into our licensing database, during our busy season (January, February, May – August), it may take up to 8 weeks after your payment is processed before the date is shown on the license lookup.
Is your current license about to expire?
When you submit a complete, accurate application by the June 30 expiration date, your previous license does not expire until DPI has completed processing of your application. The License Lookup will verify the date your most recent application with payment was received at DPI. "When an applicant has made a timely and accurate application for the renewal of a license or a new license of a continuing nature, the existing license does not expire until the application has been finally acted upon by DPI." [Wis. Stat. 227.51(2)]
If the license search function is not working, contact Educator Licensing
- License and Assignments – Explanation of DPI license codes.