- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years’ teaching experience in PK-12, postsecondary, or workplace settings
- Major or equivalent in content area
- May have completed alternative-route teacher preparation program in another state or a teacher preparation program in another country
- May be a teacher in a private or charter school, postsecondary education, or a workplace
People who fit this pathway have not completed an educator preparation program recognized for Wisconsin licensure. A potential candidate may be a private school educator, an educator who has completed an alternative route preparation program outside of Wisconsin, or an educator who has received licensure directly through a state agency via a certificate program or equivalency process in another state.
A performance-based assessment process will be used to determine competence in the Wisconsin educator standards. This pathway is for licensure only and does not lead to a degree.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- Work directly with one of the providers in the chart below.
- Complete all the requirements of the program you choose. The provider will assist you in completing the application materials for licensure.
|Licensed Based on Equivalency (LBE)||Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction||Wisconsin DPI LBE|
|New to Wisconsin||CESA 1|