License Renewal Directions for Substitute Teachers, Administrators, and Pupil Services Professionals

Directions for teachers, administrators, and pupil services professionals who want to renew their 5-year substitute license

IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happenedYou must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable.  (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)

  • Have your credit card ready.  If you do not already have a credit card, you should purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
  • Log into the ELO system - to apply. The top section should say "It's Time to Renew."  From the drop down menu next to your license, choose Renew Substitute Educator LIcense 5-year [2020].


Contact the ELO Help Desk -

For questions about this information, contact (608)