NOTE: Renewal applications for licenses that expire June 30th, 2015, will be created by the system on January 1, 2015. You will not be able to apply to renew your 2010-2015 license until January 1st.
Directions for teachers, administrators, and pupil services professionals who want to renew their 5-year license:
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- Successfully "onboard" into the ELO system - Onboarding Instructions
Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundchecks/completing-the-fingerprint-requirement
Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundcheck/background-checks-licensure
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
- If you are renewing with credits, you will need to scan the transcripts into a PDF file that is less than 2 MB in size and save the file so that it is readily available to upload into ELO. Transcripts may be unofficial or "issued to student."
- If you are renewing with a Professional Development Plan (PDP), be sure you have electronically submitted your PDP verification to DPI through QEI or WECAN PDP. This is an extra step you need to do after your PDP Review Team has verified your PDP.
Have your credit card ready. If you do not already have a credit card, purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply. The top section should say "It's Time to Renew." Click "Select" next to the license you want to renew. If you have more than one license to renew, you will need to repeat the process for each license. Do not check out until you have submitted applications for all of the licenses you want to renew