TIPS for first time pupil services* applicants who completed a program outside of Wisconsin
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundchecks/completing-the-fingerprint-requirement
Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at:http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundcheck/background-checks-licensure
Scan all required documents as PDF files so you can upload them during the ELO application process. Each file must be less than 2MB.
- PI-1612-P Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form
- Transcripts - please see our Transcripts web page for information on what is acceptable
- Test score reports (see http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/wisconsin-educator-testing-requirements)
- PI-1613 Work Experience form (if you have educational related work experience)
- Have your credit card ready. If you do not have a credit card, purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply. Find the section toward the bottom of the window for starting a new license application. Here are the choices you should make, then click Select and follow the directions.
For more information on specific requirements for out-of-state-applicants, see: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/out-of-state-applicants
*Pupil Services includes School Counselor, School Nurse, School Psychologist and School Social Worker