Directions for first-time administrator* applicants who completed a program outside of Wisconsin
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, seehttp://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundchecks/completing-the-fingerprint-requirement
Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at:http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundcheck/background-checks-licensure
Scan all required documents as PDF files so you can upload them during the ELO application process. Each file must be less than 2MB.
- PI-1612 Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form
- Test score reports (see http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/wisconsin-educator-testing-requirements). Note: After January 30, 2014, Reading Specialist applicants MUST include evidence verifying successful completion of the WI Foundations of Reading Test (for more information, see testing documentation in the out-of-state page below)
- PI-1613 Work Experience form
- Have your credit card ready. If you do not have a credit card, purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply. Find the section toward the bottom of the window for starting a new license application. Here are the choices you should make, then click Select and follow the directions.
*Administrator includes Principal, District Administrator/Superintendent, Director of Instruction, Director of Special Education and Pupil Services, School Business Administrator, Reading Specialist, Instructional Library Media Supervisor, and Instructional Technology Coordinator