To avoid delay in processing your application, follow these general directions:
- Carefully read all instructions and complete all required information.
- Print legibly and use black or blue ink only.
- Do not use highlighter of any kind.
- Print on white paper, single-sided only. Do not print back-to-back/duplex.
- For conduct and competency form: answer every single question and provide information or documentation when required. Make sure to sign the form and have it notarized.
- Attach your fee payment (e.g., check or credit card information) on top of application forms and documentation. Application fee covers the cost of application review and processing. No refund will be made regardless of whether or not a license is issued.
- Mail (U.S. Mail only) applications complete with fee payment and other required documentation to:
- DPI Educator Licensing
- Drawer 794
- Milwaukee, WI 53293-0794
Applications with fee payment that are sent to the DPI Madison address will be returned without processing.
You may send supporting documentation separately (no payment) to the DPI Madison address.
Note: All licenses, with few exceptions, issued by the DPI have start date of July 1. Do not submit applications until after January 1 of the year the license should be effective. Applications submitted before then will be returned to sender.