Directions for Special Education Program Aide License Applicants in Wisconsin:
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- If you have ever held a license or permit issued by DPI, successfully "onboard" into the ELO system - Onboarding Instructions
Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundchecks/completing-the-fingerprint-requirement
Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/backgroundcheck/background-checks-licensure
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
- Have your school district complete and sign the PI-1622-Aide Request. Scan it into a PDF file that is less than 2 MB in size and save the file so that it is ready to upload into ELO during the application process.
- Please note that there are two transactions for this application. The first transaction is used to gather pertinent data and must be approved by DPI before you can complete the second transaction. There may be a time-lag between your submission of the first transaction and DPI’s notification to you that you may move to the second transaction.
- In order to complete the second transaction you need to log into your ELO account. Once you are on the Quick Start Menu, look for the header that says “Further Action Required”, press the “GO!” button to complete the application (please note – the application is not complete until you make payment!).
- Once you have submitted the application, you will be diverted back to the Quick Start Menu, look for the header “Access ELO Cart and Additional Activities” you will now see that you have a cart item. Press “GO!” to complete the Conduct and Competency questions and make payment.
- You will pay your application fee during the second transaction. Have your credit card ready. If you do not already have a credit card, you should purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
For additional information on specific requirements for applicants, see: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/special-education-program-aide-license