The following applicants are required to submit fingerprints to the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) when applying for a license:
- Applicants who have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any of the locations listed below within the last twenty years (after age 17):
- U.S. states other than Wisconsin
- Listed U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, or Virgin Islands)
- Great Britain (England, Scotland, or Wales)
- Applicants, who since their most recent submission of fingerprints to DPI have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any locations listed above.
- Applicants who provide an address on their application that is in any of the locations listed above.
As provided by Wis. Stat. 118.19 (10) (c), the DPI may also require other applicants to submit fingerprints during the course of the background investigation.
Failure to submit fingerprints as required and/or failure to submit complete information will result in a delay in processing your application, and may ultimately result in denial of your application.