The State of Wisconsin has a contract with Fieldprint, a private vendor, to offer inkless fingerprinting using Livescan technology. Fieldprint captures fingerprints at various locations throughout the United States and submits them electronically to the Wisconsin Department of Justice and the FBI. The results of the background check based on the fingerprints are then forwarded to Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Electronic fingerprint submissions are not accepted from any law enforcement agency or any vendor other than Fieldprint.
To improve the efficiency of license application processing, all applicants who are required to submit fingerprints, residing in the United States must submit their fingerprints through Fieldprint.
General steps to submit electronic fingerprints:
- Determine if you meet the requirements to submit fingerprints, and answer accordingly (i.e. “Yes”) on the Conduct and Competency Form on the application.
- Go to www.fieldprintwisconsin.com to schedule an appointment with Fieldprint. You will need to create an account on that website if you don't already have one.
- Enter "FPWIDPITeach" as the reason code on the Fieldprint website.
- Complete all information as required on the website.
- Schedule your appointment at an available location and time on the Fieldprint website.
- Pay for the fingerprinting service online using a credit card or pre-paid credit card (found at many general grocery stores and other retailers statewide).
- Print the confirmation page that details the location and time of your appointment.
Note: all applicants must schedule a fingerprinting appointment online. Walk-ins are not allowed at Fieldprint's fingerprinting facility. Please see related documents below for more information about scheduling an appointment with Fieldprint.
At the appointment, you will need to provide 2 forms of identification for the appointment: one picture ID, and one secondary ID from the lists below:
Fieldprint Customer Service: 1-877-614-4364.